BEFORE YOU START: Safety measures for C series TVs
Revision as of 12:21, 10 January 2011 by Mianfrar (Created page with '* In service menu, '''enable Debug mode''' for the RS232 port. :: With TV switched off, press the following sequence on the remote: '''[INFO] [MENU] [MUTE] [POWER]''' :: Enter thâ¦')
- In service menu, enable Debug mode for the RS232 port.
- With TV switched off, press the following sequence on the remote: [INFO] [MENU] [MUTE] [POWER]
- Enter the Control menu and set the value of the RS232 mode to Debug.
- Notice that your TV will reset RS232 mode back to UART when you install another firmware (no matter if it's older or newer).
- Have a working Ex-Link Cable for C-Series at hand.
- If you don't feel capable to solder such a cable, you can find and buy a cheap (under $5) USB to TTL adapter at eBay.