Hacking C-Series TV with Internet@TV only
Thanks to dredkin there now is a simple method of gaining root access on TVs equipped with the Internet@TV feature. It works up to firmware version T-VALDEUC 3005.1 but it does not work with 3006.2 and 3007.1 anymore.
On your PC...
- Download "widget.zip" here
- Extract "widget.zip" to root directory of your system drive (for example: C:\ )
- Edit "c:\widget\www\widgetlist.xml" to change IP address to address of your PC
- Run "http.exe"
The Dredkin`s widget (only widget, no script or http.exe) is here.
On your TV...
- Start Internet@TV and create user "develop"
- Log in with that user, choose "Settings", choose "Development" and enter your computers IP address as the server address
- Run widget and press "Hack your TV"
- Exit Internet@TV and turn off TV
P.S.: You can skip setting up a server on your PC, use IP: 184.108.40.206 and you get your widget ;)
On your USB stick...
- Format USB stick with FAT32 or NTFS
- Download SamyGO Extension Pack and extract to root directory (choose the right pack matching your TV's firmware, for example: T-VALDEUC)
- Download run_sh.zip and extract to root directory
Starting the SamyGO Extensions...
Turn on TV and plug USB stick, then wait for the message box to disappear, wait some more time (~20 seconds), then try to login via SSH.
IP: You must know it User: "root" Pass: "SamyGO")
You can use PuTTY for this. If it does not work, the file "rcSGO_out" on your USB stick could help identifying the problem.
In this example a folder "share" is created on the USB stick. Then a NFS share called "videos" is mounted to it. You must know the IP address where the NFS share is located.
mkdir /dtv/usb/sda1/share /bin/mount -o nolock <IP>:/videos /dtv/usb/sda1/share -t nfs
Linux supports NFS by default, Windows does'nt. For evaluation purposes you might try Hanewin NFS Server, it will work for 30 days as a trial.
Things to keep in mind
- When editing scripts, always make sure line breaks are done with unix style "LF", NOT Windows' "CRLF"!
Referenced topic: http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11501