Hacking TV over Hotel mode (most C series models)
Universal USB disk to hack C series TV
After hack your TV you can connect to TV via SSH/Telnet, you get CIFS (Samba) and NFS support, FTP Server, WebUI, crond, ...
Moreover, if you attach USB with script file "SamyGO.sh", it will be executed.
This hack has unificated structure for comfortable script execution for developers (read below).
- 1 Supported TV models
- 2 Preparation
- 3 Installation. What to do if...
- 4 Normal operating of hacked TV
- 5 Bricked TV
- 6 FAQ
- 7 Tested and works on TV
Supported TV models
TV model is not important, you should check your firmware.
- This hack works on all firmware versions (even latest firmwares):
T-TDT5DEUC T-MSX5DEUC T-MSX6DEUC T-VALDEUC
- Hack does not work on TV with T-VAL6DEUC firmware.
Some models do not support ext3 file system for settings export (C6000, C630...)
1. USB > 1GB space. (Windows users can use FAT32 formatted USB)
2. TV in normal mode. Export channels from TV to clean FAT32 USB.
3. Activate Hotel Mode.
Mute-1-1-9-Enter set to on by pressing "left"
4. Export settings from TV to the same FAT32 USB.
5. Save files you get anywhere on PC.
6. Download network_opt_18.02.2011_1.zip, extract archive. You get 1GB file network_opt_18.02.2011_sda2.img
- IMPORTANT: This is the 3rd version of the USB image, updated on 18.2.2011.
If you have hacked TV with the earlier version or over widget and you want have benefits of this hack,
you should re-hack TV.
7. Make USB from this image with help of included win32diskimager.
- After win32diskimager finishes, you get two partitions on USB: one FAT32, accessible under Windows and a second, ext3 - not accessible under Windows.
- You do not need to do any changes on ext3 partition.
- All operations have to be done on the FAT32 partition, no linux needed.
Installation. What to do if...
TV is not hacked
8. Attach Universal hack USB you made to PC. Copy channel settings file (you made in normal mode) to root of USB.
9. Rename file (channel_list_LE32C550_1001.scm for C550) to zip
10. Add directory usb_mount with empty file in it (e.g. 1.txt; - very important) to archive
11. Rename back to channel_list_LE32C550_1001.scm
- You get files inside of archive:
Archive: channel_list_LE32C550_1001.scm Length Date Time Name --------- ---------- ----- ---- 68 2038-01-19 06:14 CloneInfo 96 2038-01-19 06:14 FineTune_Digital 40000 2038-01-19 06:14 map-AirA 292000 2038-01-19 06:14 map-AirD 40000 2038-01-19 06:14 map-CableA 292000 2038-01-19 06:14 map-CableD 4 2038-01-19 06:14 map-ChKey 720 2038-01-19 06:14 RadioMap 0 2010-11-30 21:55 usb_mount/ 8 2010-11-30 21:55 usb_mount/1.txt --------- ------- 664896 10 files
12. Copy files exported in Hotel mode (only files, without directories) to /restore directory on USB
- Exported in HotelMode files to copy:
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 2010-12-27 18:39 . drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 2010-12-27 18:39 .. -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2304 1980-01-01 00:00 Clone.dat -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 378 1980-01-01 00:00 FADAT -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 144 1980-01-01 00:00 FineTune_Digital -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 188 1980-01-01 00:00 LNBSettingsDataBase.dat -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 40000 1980-01-01 00:00 map-AirA -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 292000 1980-01-01 00:00 map-AirD -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 40000 1980-01-01 00:00 map-CableA -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 292000 1980-01-01 00:00 map-CableD -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4 1980-01-01 00:00 map-ChKey -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 144000 1980-01-01 00:00 map-SateD -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 95 1980-01-01 00:00 PackageDataBase.dat -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5382 1980-01-01 00:00 PLDAT -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 720 1980-01-01 00:00 RadioMap -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7979 1980-01-01 00:00 SatDataBase.dat -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 324 1980-01-01 00:00 ServiceProviders -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 9478 1980-01-01 00:00 SSDAT -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 98554 1980-01-01 00:00 TransponderDataBase.dat -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 28 1980-01-01 00:00 TSIDList -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4 1980-01-01 00:00 UserTransponderDataBase.dat
13. Exit from Hotel mode:
- Go to ServiceMenu
Info - Menu - Mute - Power
- Hotel Mode → Off
14. Attach USB to TV and import channel settings to TV. Everything must work without errors.
15. Activate Hotel mode again.
16. Import HotelMode settings you exported before (as is, with directories).
17. Press OK.
18. TV restarts few times and starts in black screen. DO NOT POWER OFF, DO NOT DISCONNECT USB!
- Wait 3 minutes. After three minutes or if you get to console earlier you can reboot TV.
- Try connect to TV via SSH (Port 22) or Telnet (Port 23).
- If you get to console, congratulations.
- TV starts in Hotel mode. If you have your channel settings right, you can deactivate hotel mode from service menu.
19. If you haven't got your channels back and if you can't SSH/Telnet to TV, it means something went wrong.
- Look for file first_run.ok and content of directory /result on USB
20. If you have SSH/Telnet after hack, execute:
cp $OPT_DIR/usr/restore/start.sh /mtd_rwarea/start.sh
TV is already hacked
(Over Hotel Mode or Widget - doesn`t matter)
- Make USB (steps 6. and 7.)
- Do not change anything
- Attach to TV and connect via SSH/Telnet
sh +x /dtv/usb/patch_to/first_run.sh
- Wait until you get "Installation Completed!"
- Reboot TV
Normal operating of hacked TV
To be updated...
ExLink cable available
Screen is blank
If your start.sh have been written with errors, TV does not boot properly...
- Unplug TV and wait 30 sec. Plug to wall, power on TV.
This should remove /mtd_rwarea/start.sh. If not helped, then:
- Connect Ex-Link Cable for C-Series, switch to debug mode:
31337 (removes /mtd_rwarea/start.sh)
666 (removes /mtd_rwarea/start.sh, /mtd_rwarea/usb_mount, /mtd_rwarea/network_opt)
44337794 (check file to know better what it does /mtd_rwarea/network_opt/sbin/44337794)
No reaction to USB, no telnet, but screen is on
- create empty file named kill_start.sh on root of USB
- power off TV
- attach USB and power on TV
/mtd_rwarea/start.sh should be deleted
If no success, then:
If you do not have success or script finishes with error, or you have hacked over Widget and it stopped working (on latest firmwares), Format /mtd_rwarea over ExLink and get "wirgin" TV back:
- Make Ex-Link Cable for C-Series attach to TV.
- Power off TV.
- Unplug network and antenna cable. Leave only ExLink and power cable plugged.
- Power on TV.
- Open terminal and connect to TV over ExLink.
- Apply these commands (followed by Enter):
10041004 81588 20089999 2 0 0 2 (advanced) 2 (DeviceManager Debug) 90 (DeviceManager MW Debug) 12 (DLNA, FLASH, ODD, HDD, MoIP Test) 11 (FLASH, HDD Format Test) 10 (or another, /mtd_rwarea/ partition number (14)
On the last line you have to enter number of your /mtd_rwarea/. On C550 it is 10, but on other TV it can be other (e.g. 14) Try to hack TV again starting from step 7.
no ExLink cable available
- Create script on USB emergency_start.sh (kill_start.sh is to delete)
- Attach USB to TV on stand-by mode and power it on
- TV executes this script on boot.
Factory reset on ServiceMenu. This operation should delete /mtd_rwarea/network_opt
- Hack TV with universal USB disk again
To be updated...
Tested and works on TV
- LE 32-C550J1W [T-MSX5DEUC-2005.4]
- LE 40-C550 [T-MSX5DEUC-2003.1]
- LE 32-C530 [T-MSX5DEUC-2007.4]
- LE 32-C550J1WUA [T-MSX5DEUC-2007.4]
- LE 32-C550J1WXRU [T-MSX5DEUC-2005.4]
- UE 32-C5100QW [T-MSX5DEUC-2007.4]
- PS 50-C550 [T-TDT5DEUC]
- LE 40-C650L1WXXH [T-VALDEUC-2002]
- LE40C750 [T-VALDEUC 3007.1]
- UE40C8700 [T-VALDEUC-3006.2]
- UE40C8700 [T-VALDEUC 3007.1]
- LE37C630 [T-MSX6DEUC 1002.1]
- UE40C6700 [T-VALDEUC 3007.1]
To be updated...
Author and developer of universal USB hack disk - Perforator from forum.ixbt.com (He made the first hack for C series TV also).
--Juzis28 12:02, 19 February 2011 (UTC)