Difference between revisions of "Main Page"
(→Useful WIKI articles: create two subcategories, one for firmware related articles, one for general information)
(→General information: add Engineering Codes)
|Line 24:||Line 24:|
Revision as of 23:55, 8 October 2009
Welcome to SamyGo WiKi
Here, I will add pages that you show how to edit your firmwares.
Edit permissions will be granted on request ( from forum. )
Safety Measures ( which you shouldn't start without )
- Have a working Ex-Link cable at hand
- Ensure the backup exe.img ( stored on /dev/tbml10 ) is in good condition ( and ideally not altered )
- Ensure your RS232 Setting in the Service-Menu is set to "debug"
Useful WIKI articles
- Enable Serial Console on non CI+ Devices
- Manually flashing images via telnet or console (without the need for XOR and CRC32)
- Open backdoor for fixing bootloop situations
- How to enable Telnet on samsung TV's
- Mounting an NFS share on a USB device to bypass DLNA
- TODO: Mounting an CIFS/SAMBA share from TV
Interesting Reference Material
The file-system used in the the recent Samsung TVs is "RFS". Its proprietary nature and consequently so the absence of an according Linux RFS-Module in the standard Linux distributions makes it currently impossible to modify files by simply mounting the respective image as "RW", modifying it and saving the respective image again. This is the reason why currently all changes are done via patching of the image-binaries.
The information provided here should help, that we get a RFS module compiled for our common Linux distributions
--Dynamic1969 19:24, 6 October 2009 (UTC)
Neither this WIKI/Forum nor the author(s) of articles and information provided accept any responsibility for damage that may be caused by use of the information provided. You do everything at your own risk. Be aware that "hacking" activities do void your warranty!
Tested on UExxB70xx, LExxB65x and compatible devices only.