BEFORE YOU START: Safety measures for C series TVs
- In service menu, enable Debug mode for the RS232 port AND disable watchdog.
- With TV switched off, press the following sequence on the remote: [INFO] [MENU] [MUTE] [POWER]
- Enter the Control menu (then enter Sub Option) and set the value of the RS232 mode to Debug. Also set Watchdog to OFF.
- Once you're back to the main Service menu, you will have to power off the TV for normal operation.
- Notice that your TV will reset RS232 mode back to UART when you install another firmware (no matter if it's older or newer).
- If you don't feel capable of soldering such a cable, you can find and buy a cheap (under $5) USB to TTL adapter at eBay.